Monday 19 May 2014

Birmingham & London

Lori and I arrived to a very rainy Birmingham but were greeted by her fantastic roommates, Nuala, Emma and Claire. Lori is currently studying nursing at the University of Birmingham so I got to experience living in a flat with uni students - definitely a first! 

I'm not going to lie, after close to 4 weeks backpacking, being on the move constantly, and carrying that 15kg bag, I decided to make the next week a very relaxed one. So instead of telling you how much sleep I got, I'll tell you all the fabulous things we did in Birm and London in dot point :

• taught Lori how to make tasty guacamole and had a Mexican feast


• spent too much money at the bullring shopping centre and got a photo with said bull


• had a very tasty Thai meal with Lori and our friend Emelia who we also met in India 


• had a fancy night out at the goose with loris amazing flat mates 



• had a second fancy night out at Jekyll and Hyde with Lori and Lauren and got amazing cocktails



• went to a nursing lecture and took photos on campus at the University of birmingham 


• had the famous onion ring stack at joes 


• said farewell to Selly oak 


• and said goodbye to my wonderful friend, Lori and her family 


After a wonderful week in Birmingham I hopped on the train back to London and met another friend from India named Lisa, who was very kind to host me for just under a week! 
Once again, here's some dot points of my splendid time in old London Town!

• had some wine at one of the oldest wine bars in the world


• saw some super sunny weather 


• saw the baileys stardust exhibition at the national portrait gallery. A fantastic collection of photographs of celebrities, artists and his family 



• took a day trip to the town of Bath and saw the Roman Baths in the middle of this beautiful city 




• ticked seeing Stonehenge off my bucket list - just incredible!


• took a trip to platform 9 and 3/4


• saw some badass dinosaurs at the natural history museum 


• also tested my maturity in the biology section of the natural history museum 


• saw and fed my very first squirrel in Hyde park



• had a drink ontop of London 


• caught up with my friend Matt from my USA contiki, and Katie and Fiona from my India trip 



• had a delicious hot chocolate and did a rude dot to dot 


Don't I look weirdly proud of myself?

And I sadly said farewell to London! It's been an amazing time and I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to both Lori and Lisa for hosting me for the past two weeks, words cannot describe how appreciative I am of your wonderful hospitality. 

Tomorrow begins the last part of my journey, Scandinavia and Russia contiki !!















No comments:

Post a Comment